What we are doing:
Our schedule remains flexible to fit the needs of our families. With more parents working from home and/or with modified schedules, we are offering part-time, full-time and drop-in care for those who need an alternative choice after the quarantine.
With the understanding that children have had much more time at home with their parents or a family member, we are adjusting our ratios so that fewer children are in a smaller group setting. This will help staff provide more one on one care for those children adjusting to being back in child care.
We will adhere to the following prevention guidelines:
- Children and staff will remain at home when sick. They will remain at home until the fever has been gone for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medicines.
- Omega Nine will use “respiratory etiquette” which includes covering the cough with a tissue or sleeve and provide adequate supplies within easy reach, including tissues and no-touch trash cans.
- Children and staff will wash hands frequently, including when arriving at school, after play and group time, before meals and snacks, after use of bathrooms, and any time hands may have been exposed to any form of body fluids. Adequate supplies such as antibacterial soap, warm water and clean single-use paper towels.
- Staff will wear gloves when helping a child change clothes, as well as washing up.
- Routinely cleaning of frequently touched surfaces and toys will be increased to several times throughout the day.
- Omega Nine CEC will notify the families of any updates or changes in the Department of Social Services Child Care Division concerning the Coronavirus.
- In the unusual event that an infant, child or staff member has symptoms of respiratory illness, such as fever and cough, we will separate the individual from others as much as possible and make arrangements for the individual to go home.
In an effort to understand what our family’s needs are now that we are entering phase two to reopen, we have attached information that you can use to email us with any specific ways in which we can help. We are all in this together and how we support you in getting back to a more normal routine is our utmost priority.
Dianne Small, Co-Owner & Director