Our classes are built around the concept that children are born ready to learn. As caregivers, we strive to create a learning environment that is safe, stimulating and encouraging. The following principles are excerpts from a variety of child care philosophies that serve as the foundation for our curriculum.
- Children develop knowledge of their world through active interactions with caregivers, peers, materials and events.
- Learning is sequential, building on prior understandings and experiences.
- Learning proceeds at different rates in each area and each child, children will show a range of skills and understandings in any one area of development.
- Learning in each domain is interconnected. Young children learn best through experiences, which incorporate several areas of development.
- Learning is embedded in a culture. Children learn best when their learning activities are rooted in familiar cultural context.
- Learning begins in the family environment and continues in a childcare setting both of which are supported by parent involvement and caregiver guidance.
At Omega None Child Enrichment Center, we believe children can learn and develop individually in mind, body and spirit. Our mission is to empower each child to reach their milestones every day.